Media

Latina Lista Wants to Help Feature Your Work

Latina Lista Wants to Help Feature Your Work

LatinaLista — From short films to a little longer docs or first-run music videos, this section of the new Latina Lista wants to help those creative talents that walk among la raza.

Help spread the word.
To have your work considered by Latina Lista, leave a comment to let us know.
We're just waiting to help launch the next Oscar-winning director and/or writer or American Idol winner!

View Comments (6)

6 Comments

1. maya escobar

June 3, 2007 at 6:58 pm

I just found your site and think it is amazing, what a great forum for empowering latinas!
    I am a Guatemalan Jewish artist and educator. I don’t really have a desire to win an Oscar :) However do I have a series that I would like to share called acciones plásticas . This interactive performance piece, explores issues of identity, race, culture, class… affecting both Latina and Jewish Women.
    Thus far there has been extensive debate from the Jewish Community, regarding the stereotypes that are presented in this piece. However the response from the Latino community has been minimal and I really want to get other women involved .
    maya escobar

2. jimmy

June 14, 2007 at 5:46 pm

check out my new music video on the all chicana band girl in a coma…

3. Teresa Santos

June 29, 2007 at 10:39 pm

I too just discovered this site and I love it! I am an aspiring writer that concurrently holds a Masters in Social Work from Fordham University. My writing ranges from poetry to socially relevant issues – hence the pursuit of the social work degrees – to issues that affect the Latino community and Latino life. I am a Puerto Rican Bronx girl that always knew she’d get out of the ghetto – I knew this in a way no roach stomping, welfare getting, poverty stricken kid should know it, yet I knew. Today, while I am proud to be amongst the very few of us Latinos that achieved that dream of getting out of the fire escape and making it through grad school, it isn’t enough for me that I made it. I want to – through my words – inspire more ghetto and barrio Latina little ladies not to believe the lies that are told to them about their limitations. If Latina Lista could in anyway assist me in getting my words to those little girls, I would indeed be eternally grateful. Please, do check out my very, very, very young blog spot Sonnets from the FireEscape at http://sonnetsfromthefireescape.blogspot.com/.

4. Senorita Cinema

July 29, 2007 at 8:59 am

Hey everyone join us for this in our effort to take over the world one film festival at a time.
    La Chicana Laundry Pictures
    Presents: SENORITA CINEMA
    THE LONE STAR STATE’S VERY FIRST ALL LATINA FILM FESTIVAL! We are seeking films and videos by Latina Filmmakers and Video Artists for an exclusive exhibition at Houston’s Premiere venue for cutting edge art The Lawndale Art Center. This is a juried show with awards going to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Senorita Cinema will be a part of Lawndale’s month long acclaimed Dia De Los Muertos Program. Film Festival nights are October 12 and 13th with a possible extended run as an installation. For MORE info please vist our website. copy, cut, and paste in your browser web addy below http://web.mac.com/hoodwinx20/iWeb/Senorita%20Cinema/HOME.html

5. Lisa

August 6, 2007 at 12:49 pm

wow this is all so amazing. I feel blessed to be a part. Thank you latinalista!!
    Lisa

6. lilacoomi

January 15, 2008 at 9:01 am

Make peace, not war!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Media

More in Media

featured-strike-one

Video: Film about young Latino trying to prove innocence may “strike” too close to home for some

Latina ListaAugust 27, 2015
Carlos Varela

Video: Carlos Varela, “The Poet of Havana”

Latina ListaAugust 18, 2015
Eduardo Clark holds American and Cuban flags across the street from the Cuban embassy in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Monday, July 20, 2015. A diplomatic freeze that stretched five decades, outlasting the Cold War and nine U.S. presidencies, formally ends Monday when Cuba and the U.S. reopen embassies. Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez will attend a flag-raising ceremony at the Cuban chancery in Washington before meeting Secretary of State John Kerry, who will travel to Havana at a later date. Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg via Getty Images

Video: Friday’s ceremonial re-opening of U.S. Embassy in Havana promises to be day remembering the past, honoring the present and still hoping for a better future

Latina ListaAugust 13, 2015
sinRaiz-300x300

Video: Visiting Mexico brings unexpected truths to DREAMers searching for identity and country

Latina ListaAugust 11, 2015
WCTL_CH1_Profile

Video: Getting to know the courageous women of Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico fighting for peace and social justice

Latina ListaAugust 6, 2015
150803112401_espinosa2_624x351_reuters

Video: Murdered Mexican photojournalist Rubén Espinosa thought he had escaped death

Latina ListaAugust 5, 2015
10690018_734133046707605_5861645857108590048_n

Video: Short animated documentary brings to life girl’s feelings on having a brother incarcerated

Latina ListaJuly 27, 2015
Screen Shot 2015-07-21 at 11.29.07 AM

Video: Technology ushers in a new chapter in accessing the works of the grandfather of Chicano literature

Latina ListaJuly 21, 2015
Latino-Americans-PBS-Ford

Video: Documentary series about Latino Americans necessary reminder of Latinos’ role in U.S. history

Latina ListaJuly 15, 2015