Media

Latina Lista Wants to Help Feature Your Work

Latina Lista Wants to Help Feature Your Work

LatinaLista — From short films to a little longer docs or first-run music videos, this section of the new Latina Lista wants to help those creative talents that walk among la raza.

Help spread the word.
To have your work considered by Latina Lista, leave a comment to let us know.
We’re just waiting to help launch the next Oscar-winning director and/or writer or American Idol winner!

View Comments (6)

6 Comments

1. maya escobar

June 3, 2007 at 6:58 pm

I just found your site and think it is amazing, what a great forum for empowering latinas!
    I am a Guatemalan Jewish artist and educator. I don’t really have a desire to win an Oscar :) However do I have a series that I would like to share called acciones plásticas . This interactive performance piece, explores issues of identity, race, culture, class… affecting both Latina and Jewish Women.
    Thus far there has been extensive debate from the Jewish Community, regarding the stereotypes that are presented in this piece. However the response from the Latino community has been minimal and I really want to get other women involved .
    maya escobar

2. jimmy

June 14, 2007 at 5:46 pm

check out my new music video on the all chicana band girl in a coma…

3. Teresa Santos

June 29, 2007 at 10:39 pm

I too just discovered this site and I love it! I am an aspiring writer that concurrently holds a Masters in Social Work from Fordham University. My writing ranges from poetry to socially relevant issues – hence the pursuit of the social work degrees – to issues that affect the Latino community and Latino life. I am a Puerto Rican Bronx girl that always knew she’d get out of the ghetto – I knew this in a way no roach stomping, welfare getting, poverty stricken kid should know it, yet I knew. Today, while I am proud to be amongst the very few of us Latinos that achieved that dream of getting out of the fire escape and making it through grad school, it isn’t enough for me that I made it. I want to – through my words – inspire more ghetto and barrio Latina little ladies not to believe the lies that are told to them about their limitations. If Latina Lista could in anyway assist me in getting my words to those little girls, I would indeed be eternally grateful. Please, do check out my very, very, very young blog spot Sonnets from the FireEscape at http://sonnetsfromthefireescape.blogspot.com/.

4. Senorita Cinema

July 29, 2007 at 8:59 am

Hey everyone join us for this in our effort to take over the world one film festival at a time.
    La Chicana Laundry Pictures
    Presents: SENORITA CINEMA
    THE LONE STAR STATE’S VERY FIRST ALL LATINA FILM FESTIVAL! We are seeking films and videos by Latina Filmmakers and Video Artists for an exclusive exhibition at Houston’s Premiere venue for cutting edge art The Lawndale Art Center. This is a juried show with awards going to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Senorita Cinema will be a part of Lawndale’s month long acclaimed Dia De Los Muertos Program. Film Festival nights are October 12 and 13th with a possible extended run as an installation. For MORE info please vist our website. copy, cut, and paste in your browser web addy below http://web.mac.com/hoodwinx20/iWeb/Senorita%20Cinema/HOME.html

5. Lisa

August 6, 2007 at 12:49 pm

wow this is all so amazing. I feel blessed to be a part. Thank you latinalista!!
    Lisa

6. lilacoomi

January 15, 2008 at 9:01 am

Make peace, not war!

You must be logged in to post a comment Login

Media

More in Media

481946_436661759711621_1747570271_n

Video: New documentary explores how epic film GIANT changed the lives of film’s Latinos

Latina ListaApril 15, 2015
1ba65f6

After slew of tech victories, Mexico-based start-up turns its attention to American markets

Latina ListaApril 6, 2015
1781152_613085815452133_5139153302845564159_o

Video: Two young Mayan girls accomplish a feat no one believed could be done

Latina ListaMarch 20, 2015
pettus-bridge

Transcript: President Obama’s remarks at 50th anniversary of the Selma to Montgomery marches

Latina ListaMarch 9, 2015
release_video

Update: Release of dash-cam tape of unarmed TX immigrant shooting to be delayed

Latina ListaMarch 6, 2015
newsshows

New report underscores old problem of Sunday shows undermining Latino inclusion

Latina ListaMarch 4, 2015
Eloisa_Mata,_left,_and_Maria_Calixto,_right,_work_on_DACA_cases

New bilingual online platform helps DREAMers and other immigrants navigate, complete and file immigration paperwork

Latina ListaFebruary 10, 2015
20141013170712-Rex_Poster

Viernes Video: Aspiring Colombian filmmaker mixes zombies and westerns to create an unique horror short

Latina ListaJanuary 30, 2015
U.S. President Obama announces executive actions on immigration during nationally televised address from the White House in Washington

Transcript: President’s Address to the Nation on Immigration