LatinaLista — Next to the confirmation of Judge Sonia Sotomayor as the first Latina Supreme Court justice, anticipation is running high for the start of summer.
Though summer doesn't officially arrive until June 21, the heat is already settling in across most of the country â€” which makes most of us crave ice cream!
Did you know that:
- America's top-five favorite ice cream flavors include: Vanilla, Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Mint Chip and Neapolitan?
- Three Americans prefer vanilla flavored ice cream to every one American who prefers chocolate flavored ice cream?
- In the Southwest, butter pecan flavored ice cream is more popular than chocolate flavored ice cream?
- Consumers in the South Central United States are the most likely to deviate from traditional ice cream and purchase sherbet or frozen yogurt?
- Ice cream consumption is highest during July and August?
- July is National Ice Cream Month?
- Children ages 2â€“12 and adults ages 45 and up eat the most ice cream per person?
- The average number of licks to polish off a single-scoop ice cream cone is approximately 50?
- 98% of all households purchase ice cream?
- It takes 12 lbs of milk to make one gallon of ice cream?
Well, now that tu tienes hambre (you're hungry) for the frozen stuff, you're in luck.
This Saturday, May 30, from 11 a.m.- 4 p.m., at over 2,000 participating Walmart Supercenters, you can get your ice cream cravings satisfied â€” for free.
During these hours, Walmart staff will he handing out free ice cream. To check and see the closest location to you, enter your zip code on the Free Ice Cream Day website.
But you better get there early. They're only giving out ice cream as long as supplies last.