By Lilly Zeller
Third Sector Awareness
We have a tendency to associate each month with one or several causes. Many of us do not realize that that are a vast number of causes celebrated each month.
Unless we have a certain condition or diagnosis, or someone close to us happens to be affected by any given cause, we would not even think about it. Many of us believe we should give a voice to a greater number of causes, than those that receive the publicity and recognition on any given month.
These are the main awareness causes celebrated during the month of DECEMBER:
• Angelman Syndrome Month
• Aplastic Anemia Awareness
• Bone Marrow Disease Awareness
• Cancer Related Fatigue Awareness Month
• Colorectal Cancer Education and Awareness Month
• National Aplastic Anemia and MDS Awareness
• National Drunk, Drugged Driving (3D) Prevention Month
• Orientation Month about Intoxication and Aggressiveness on the Roads
• Prevent Blindness Awareness Month
• Seasonal Depression Awareness Month
• Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome Awareness Month
During this special time of the year, let us hold near our hearts and help those affected by the storm “Sandy”.
Please remember, you can see what colors are represented with each cause, by visiting www.thirdsectorawareness.com and click on the color or cause of your choice.
Latina Lista contributor Lilly Zeller is based in Puerto Rico where she represents the interests of the Third Sector via websites — Talking about Philanthropy and Third Sector Awareness. She can be reached at email@example.com.