Campaign: Support for St. Louis Churches
Seven St. Louis churches have been hit by arsonists in the past two weeks. Each fire has been set at the church entrances. The national community, especially people of faith, must respond.
What Is Needed
Each of the six churches will need to install or repair security systems, not to mention structural repairs. Organizers of this campaign spoke with some of the impacted churches and they know that they need to start this blitz campaign RIGHT NOW so that they can get repairs started as soon as possible.
The hope is to deliver $3,000 to each congregation and to raise the money in the time it took to attempt to tear these structures down.
Any money will be used to help repair the damage to the churches and to install security systems to prevent further damage. If there is excess money in the fund, it will be used by the affected churches for programs in the community.
If more churches are burned, they will be added to the fund as well.
$18,000 is needed to be raised by Sunday, November 1st in a show of love and solidarity to these faith communities.
The money raised will go to support the congregations of these seven churches:
- Bethel Non-Denominational Church (targeted 10/8)
- New Northside Missionary Baptist Church (targeted 10/10).
- St. Augustine Catholic Church (targeted 10/14)
- New Testament Church of Christ (targeted 10/15)
- New Life Missionary Baptist Church (targeted 10/17)
- Ebenezer Lutheran Church (targeted 10/17)
- Shrine of St. Joseph (targeted 10/21)