If there is one real truth about Trump and his White House staff, it’s that they lie. They distort facts, they take things out of context to purposely create a narrative that makes Trump look either like the victim or the victor.
Just when we thought Trump and his ‘people’ could drag the rest of us no further down in global shame or embarrassment, or appall us any worse than all the times he’s come across as the dumbest and unclassiest person to occupy the Oval Office, we are witnessing this administration carry out a UN-condemned policy that is beyond atrocious.
Because Trump refuses to acknowledge that the policy of separating children from their parents at the border is of his and Attorney General Jeff Sessions own invention and application, and continues to publicly blame Democrats for it, the White House has released the most contemptible piece of propaganda to ever carry the White House heading.
In this ‘factsheet,’ the White House justifies separating thousands of immigrant infants, toddlers, young children and teens from their parents at the border because of the 3 families (listed on this sheet) whose children were homicide victims of undocumented killers.
To equate these children with hardened drug and gang members is an example of a White House following a man whose own sense of decency and morality is nonexistent.
Yet, how moral and decent are we as a nation that we don’t demand that our Congress, state legislators, governors and local leaders unite in sending the White House a clear message that we can no longer sit idly by while thousands of children are being further traumatized simply because their parents were trying to protect them from a deadly violence back home, not realizing they would face another kind of violence that no one could have imagined would happen within our borders.
The following is what was released by the White House this afternoon.
THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 15, 2018
RESULTS OF CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS’ DANGEROUS IMMIGRATION POLICIES
“We must restore integrity and the rule of law at our borders.” – President Donald J. Trump
- CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS’ FAMILY SEPARATION POLICY: Too many American families have been permanently separated from loved ones lost to illegal alien crime.
- Open border laws and policies are responsible for the permanent separation of too many American families whose loved ones have been lost to illegal alien crime.
- President Trump has met with family members whose loved ones have fallen victim to illegal alien crime.
- Juan Pina was permanently separated from his daughter after she was strangled, raped, and murdered by an illegal alien.
- Laura Wilkerson was permanently separated from her son, who was brutally murdered by an illegal alien classmate.
- Jamiel Shaw, Sr. was permanently separated from his son, who was tragically murdered by an illegal alien gang member.
- Congressional Democrats have repeatedly voted against common sense immigration legislation that would help make our communities safer.
- In 2017, 174 House Democrats voted against legislation that would have helped ensure aliens associated with a gang are not admitted into the United States and would have empowered officials to more effectively remove those already here.
- In 2017, 166 House Democrats voted against Kate’s Law, named after Kate Steinle who was killed by a previously deported illegal alien with a lengthy criminal history.
- In February 2018, Senate Democrats blocked legislation that would have cracked down on dangerous sanctuary cities.
OPEN BORDER POLICIES: American communities have suffered from illegal alien crime and illegal drugs flooding our country due to open border policies and immigration enforcement loopholes.
- Drugs have flooded across our porous borders, poisoning our communities, and costing American lives.
- The Southwest border is a major source of illegal drugs entering the United States.
- Most heroin entering the United States is produced in Mexico, and production levels there continue to rise.
- A total of 57,820 known or suspected aliens were in Department of Justice custody at the end of the first quarter of fiscal year 2018, 60 percent of whom were aliens with orders of removal.
- A 2011 report by the Government Accountability Office (GAO) found nearly 3 million criminal arrest offenses tied to incarcerated criminal aliens, including 25,000 homicide offenses.
- Transnational gangs, such as MS-13, take advantage of our open borders and the loopholes in our immigration system.
- MS-13 and other gangs have bolstered their ranks by exploiting the influx of Unaccompanied Alien Children entering the United States.